How does a capacitive touchscreen work?
Capacitive touchscreens are made of a thin layer of conductive material, such as copper or indium tin oxide (ITO), printed on the underside of the display’s insulating outer layer. When a finger touches the screen, a small amount of charge is attracted to the point of contact, which effectively becomes a functioning capacitor. The resulting change in the electrostatic field is then measured to pinpoint where the contact occurred.
Types of capacitive touchscreens
There are two key types of capacitive touchscreen technology – projected and surface. Surface capacitance is the more basic of the two technologies, where only one side of the insulator is coated with a conductive layer. In contrast, projected capacitance utilizes a matrix of rows and columns of conductive material on one or two layers. This grid pattern enables excellent accuracy and multi-touch capabilities.
Advantages of capacitive touch screen technology
Currently, capacitive touchscreen technology offers a number of key advantages:
High touch sensitivity and accuracy
Sharp and vibrant images
Can be used without a stylus
Reliability – even cracked or punctured capacitive touchscreens often continue to work
The popularity of the technology provides a degree of future-proofing
- How to choose a reliable low-priced Anti-bacterial Touch manufacturer
- In the sales process of the market, the same type of products will be provided by different manufacturers, so customers will compare and choose related products when making choices. So how can we find reliable low-priced Anti-bacterial Touch manufacturer, and...
- Introduction to the main performance and characteristics of LCD touch screen
- From the front view, the touch LCD display is no different from the ordinary display, but from the back, there is one more signal line than the ordinary display, that is, the signal line that connects to the touch screen....
- LCD Touch Panel that offers a sleek and modern look for your device
- When choosing a touch panel for your device, you can't go wrong with an LCD touch panel. The sleek and modern look of the LCD touch panel is perfect for those who want to add a stylish touch to their...
- HDMI usb touch display manufacturers use multi-function interfaces to meet user needs
- The main function of the display is to display the transmitted signal in front of the public in the form of images. And this kind of digital communication needs a medium. The USB or HDMI interface transmits the signal and...
- Choose an American Capacitive Touch Digitizer Manufacturer
- There are many US capacitive touch digitizer manufacturers on the market today. Each offers a different set of features and benefits. So, how to choose the right one according to your needs? Here are a few things to consider when...
- LCD touch display supplier seeks development with technology
- In the process of using the liquid crystal display, the liquid crystal molecules are stimulated by electric current to produce dots, lines and surfaces, and then cooperate with the back light tube to form the picture display we see. The...
- Do you know about capacitive touch screens?
- In recent years, with the rise of smart phones and tablet computers, the capacitive touch screen market has developed rapidly. From 2008 to 2012, China's touch screen shipments showed a rapid growth trend, with an average annual growth rate of...
- c-touch screen manufacturers make products realize more use value
- In the production process of products, different quality will appear due to different raw materials or different producers. At the same time, different requirements for products will also lead to great differences in the use characteristics of the products. When...