In recent years, with the rise of smart phones and tablet computers, the capacitive touch screen market has developed rapidly. From 2008 to 2012, China’s touch screen shipments showed a rapid growth trend, with an average annual growth rate of more than 40% in four years, and the industry developed rapidly. In 2012, China’s touch panel shipments were 426.64 million pieces, a year-on-year increase of 71.53%. As for the future development trend of the touch screen industry, analysis shows that the touch screen industry will continue to maintain a relatively rapid growth rate in 2013. Super number and non-Apple smart phone market is the biggest highlight of the touch screen market in 2013.
The explosion of supermarket market demand is the main factor in the growth of touch screen market demand in 2013. Win8 has promoted the prosperity of supermarkets and also brought prosperity to the touch screen market. In the first year of Ultrabook development in 2013, in order to promote products, terminal brands increased the proportion of Ultrabook touch screens. It is expected that in 2013, the proportion of touch-sensitive ultrabooks will exceed 40%, and the growth rate of touch-sensitive notebooks will double.
Advantages of capacitive touch screen
1. The capacitive touch screen only needs to be touched and does not require pressure to generate signals.
2. The capacitive touch screen only needs one time or no calibration at all after production, and the resistance technology needs normal calibration.
3. Cost, resistive touch screen: very cheap.
Different capacitive touch screen manufacturers are 10% to 50% more expensive than resistive touch screen manufacturers. This additional cost is not important for flagship products, but it may hinder mid-priced phones.
4. Capacitance technology is superior to resistance technology in terms of light loss and system power consumption.
5. The choice between capacitive technology or resistive technology mainly depends on the object that touches the screen. If you touch it with your fingers, the capacitor touch screen is a good choice. If you need a stylus, whether it is plastic or metal, a resistive touch screen can do it. The capacitor touch screen can also use a touch pen, but a special touch pen is required.
6. The surface capacitor type can be used for large touch screens, and the correlation is low, but it cannot support gesture recognition now: the induction capacitor type is mainly used for small and medium touch screens and supports gesture recognition.
7. Capacitor technology is wear-resistant, has a long service life, and has low maintenance costs when users use it. Therefore, the overall operating cost of the manufacturer can be further reduced.
8. Capacitive touch screen can support multi-touch technology, unlike resistive touch screen, it is slow to respond and not easy to wear.