During operation, the resistive touch screen can only judge one touch point at a time. If there are more than two points of contact, no correct judgment can be made. Therefore, the resistive touch screen is only suitable for simple click, drag and other action judgments. The multi-point touch of the capacitive touch screen can divide the user’s touch into two tasks: collecting multi-point signals and judging the meaning of the signals, so as to complete the judgment of complex actions.
By stretching and transforming two fingers, you can do interesting things like zooming in and rotating the screen, which was almost unthinkable before the advent of capacitive touchscreens.
In fact, the implementation principle of the touch screen is roughly the same, that is, adding a transparent touch screen to the ordinary LCD screen. The types of resistors and capacitors we refer to are divided according to how they work. At present, the classification of touch screen mainly includes resistance, capacitance, infrared and surface acoustic wave. In real life, resistive touch screens are the screens we touch the most. It has been widely used in mobile phones and portable digital products.
Compared with traditional resistive touch screen, capacitive touch screen has the following advantages:
1. Novel operation. Capacitive touch screen supports multi-touch control, making operation more intuitive and interesting
2. Not easy to touch by mistake. Since the capacitive touch screen needs to sense the current of the human body, only the human body can work, and it will not react when it comes into contact with other objects, so the possibility of accidental contact is basically avoided.
3. High durability. Compared with resistive touch screen, capacitive touch screen has better dustproof, waterproof and wear resistance.
As a popular touch screen technology, capacitive touch screen has the advantages of gorgeous interface, multi-touch, and only needs human perception, but it also has the following disadvantages:
1. The accuracy is not high. Due to technical reasons, there is still a gap between the accuracy of capacitive touch screens and the accuracy of resistive touch screens. Also, you can only type with your fingers, making it difficult to recognize more complex handwriting input on a small screen.
2. susceptible to environmental influences. When environmental factors such as temperature and humidity change, the capacitive touch screen will also be unstable or even drift. For example, if the user is physically close to the screen while using the screen, it may cause drift. Even operating in a crowded crowd can lead to drift. This is largely due to how capacitive touchscreen technology works. Although the user’s finger is close to the screen, many electric fields are much larger than those close to the screen, which will affect the judgment of the touch position.
3. high cost. In addition, the current capacitive touch screen has certain technical difficulties when connecting the touch screen to the LCD panel, and the yield is not high, so the cost of the capacitive touch screen also increases invisibly.
Welcome to contact us, we are a professional factory manufacturer and one-stop customized solution provider specializing in R&D and manufacturing of PCAP capacitive touch screen, TFT LCD display, Raspberry Pi HDMI touch display, 2.8-inch to 2.8-inch touch display. 23.8 inches to meet the growing demands of the global market.